CLUEY LEARNING ONLINE TUTORING JOBS
Whether you're a university student or a teacher, we're looking for enthusiastic educators who are passionate about providing quality teaching
Are you a university student looking to make a difference?
Help school students in their learning journey
Work around your schedule
We know you have classes, exams and other commitments, so we work with you and your weekly schedule to fit in your Cluey sessions, which typically take place between 3pm and 9pm (NZDT) on weekdays or during the day on weekends.
Stable income & competitive rates
Cluey can provide you with a stable, regular workload at a competitive rate. We handle a range of challenges for you such as finding students, lesson planning and preparation, and admin tasks to free you up to focus and get paid for the actual online tutoring work you do.
Develop and gain skills for the workplace
We will help you develop a range of cognitive and communication skills that will be valuable in all future workplaces, such as digital literacy, mentoring, creativity, problem solving and critical thinking.
Are you a teacher looking for extra work that's rewarding?
And also fits around your commitments
Convenience and flexibility
As a professional educator we understand you have a range of commitments that can include teaching, class preparation and your family. Your online Cluey sessions can accommodate your schedule and location, with sessions typically taking place between 3pm and 9pm (NZDT) on weekdays or during the day on weekends.
Supplement your income
Cluey can provide you with a stable, reliable workload with regular income doing work that utilises your skills and experience and has a real impact on the students right across the country.
You're busy, so we make it easy for you
We take care of various activities so you can focus on helping your students, so an hour spent with them doesn't also mean extra hours spent on lesson preparation, admin and managing your customer relationship.
What does tutoring online at Cluey look like?
- Teach regular (weekly) lessons online using our live, real-time collaborative learning platform from the convenience of your own home.
- Our expert education team have designed and built learning programmes based on the New Zealand curriculum that contain all the content you’ll need. This means no lesson planning or content sourcing on your part, freeing you up to focus on teaching and collaborating with your students.
- Set learning goals and adapt your student’s learning plan over time to reflect their progress, building their confidence and technique while reinforcing active learning.
- Provide feedback after each session and assign practice questions between sessions to aid in review and revision.
- We take care of many tasks that can add unpaid time when tutoring a student. We handle finding students, scheduling sessions, managing their enrolments, organising billing and payments, and student support.
- Receive continual support as a Cluey tutor from the Tutor Care team, our extensive tutor community and our education team. This includes access to best-practice training, videos, content, technical and scheduling support.
What we look for
- Strong numeracy or literacy experience plus an understanding of the New Zealand education system
- Strong, proven subject knowledge
- Ability to work with students in a 1-to-1 or small group context
- Ability to articulate a concept clearly
- Understanding of how to adapt teaching style to serve the needs of each student
- Commitment to the education of children
- Very good communication skills
- Friendly and approachable personality
- Based in New Zealand with full working rights and the ability to provide 10 hours of availability per week